Resources

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Student Teaching: Week 14

Science of Ag Challenge
This week, I had the opportunity to help the Blair County Science of Ag Team with their presentation at the Regional level. It is truly amazing to see hard working teens put their minds together to perform research that will better their livestock. The Blair County Team chose to conduct research on whether goldfish can keep algae and bacteria levels down in livestock feeding troughs. Their experiment was a success and they hope to continue their research for next year. They did an excellent job of presenting their project at the Regional level and I can't wait to see them compete at the State level in June!
Other Things Accomplished 
Over-all it was a slow week for Extension. In addition to helping with the Science of Ag Team, I assisted with preparations for the Blair County Livestock Show, assisted with planning for the embryology programs that will be conducted at local elementary schools, and assisted with some Huntingdon County Fair preparations.
Final Thoughts
It is hard to believe that my time with Extension is coming to an end. I am extremely thankful for the opportunity to see what Extension has to offer and I look forward to making the most of my final week!



No comments:

Post a Comment