Resources

Sunday, April 14, 2019

PAAE Meeting: South Central Region

Image result for pennsylvania association of agricultural educators

The Meeting
Earlier this week, I had the opportunity to attend the PAAE South Central Region meeting. This meeting was filled with food, networking, and discussing important topics to the organization. It was great to see fellow cohort members as well as other Ag teachers in the State!
There was a wide variety of topics covered from upcoming events to committee reports to hearing what Penn State has to offer current Ag teachers in the way of support. One of the more pressing issues was learning about the organization's difficulty with their lobbyist services that sparked great discussion amongst the Ag teachers in attendance. They were able to devise a plan and hopefully resolve their issue!

Future Participation
Even though I am unsure if I will remain in Pennsylvania, attending the PAAE meeting has shown me the importance of participated with professional organizations. I look forward to joining the professional organization that is offered in the state I end up teaching in!

No comments:

Post a Comment