Resources

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Student Teaching: Week 12

This week was bittersweet as it was my last week teaching in the classroom.
Final Week Teaching
This week by far was the toughest week I experienced student teaching. This was not due to any classroom problems but, due to the fact I would have to say goodbye to my students and to my mentor. Throughout my entire student teaching experience, I had ups and downs, highs and lows, really good days and some not so good days but I wouldn't trade my placement, my mentor, or my students for the world. I learned so much from my time student teaching that it is hard to encompass my entire experience into words. Through it all I had a huge support system and I feel that I am now prepared to enter my own classroom. 
My Last Day
My final day teaching was filled with goodbyes from my students and faculty members. Other teachers in the school gave me final pieces of advice and wished me luck as I look for my first teaching position. The senior class surprised me with a going away party complete with a cake and a hand-made present from the FFA chapter. I cannot express how much this meant to me as their kindness and thoughtfulness showed that I had positively impacted so many students' lives in the short time I had been there. As I packed up the rest of my stuff at the end of the day, I look at the sign that the students made me and realize, "It'll be alright".



No comments:

Post a Comment